If you or someone that you love has been injured as a result of someone else being careless, a personal injury lawyer can help you understand your legal rights and the process that must occur in order to recover against responsible parties. The Duluth, GA personal injury attorneys at Blevins & Hong, LLC will work to help you obtain the maximum possible financial recovery for your injuries.
What Types of Personal Injury Cases Does Our Law Firm Handle?
Our personal injury practice areas include the following:
- Car accidents,
- Drunk driver accidents,
- Premises liability,
- Slip and fall,
- Trip and fall,
- Motorcycle accident,
Legal representation by an experienced personal injury attorney at Blevins & Hong, LLC will not require any out-of-pocket payments by you or your loved ones. We represent injury victims on a contingency fee basis, which means that we only get paid if we obtain a recovery on your behalf. Most of our clients have suffered serious injuries. Their concern does not need to be the payment of legal fees.
Our office is conveniently located at:
Call Blevins & Hong today to schedule a free consultation from an experienced personal injury attorney. We serve personal injury clients in Duluth, Lawrenceville, Suwanee, Norcross, Peachtree Corners, Loganville, Snellville, Braselton, and all other parts of Gwinnett County and the State of Georgia. Call today to speak with our experienced personal injury lawyers. Our trial lawyers have years of experience protecting the rights of injury victims.
"They make you feel at ease. Hands on with great follow through."- Derrick
"He is phenomenal and his firm offers a full range of other services."- Sarah
"Their expertise and professionalism along with their sensitivity to the matter were beyond our expectations."- TT
"I am so very grateful for the help and advice I received from Ms. Hong."- JB
Georgia personal injury law requires that a personal injury lawsuit is filed within 2 years from the date of the incident causing your injury. It is critical to understand the difference in setting up an insurance claim and the filing of a lawsuit that satisfies the statute of limitations. Your communication with insurance companies does not meet the requirements of the statute of limitations.
What if I’m Hurt in A Car Accident?
The process after you are hurt in a car accident is complex and a source of anxiety for many people. At Blevins & Hong, we understand that getting the best possible results for our clients is a primary concern, but keeping our clients informed about the status of their car accident case and helping our clients understand the process is equally as important. Here, we discuss the general process that most car accident cases follow:
What Is the Process After You Are Hurt in a Car Accident?
- You begin the process of getting the medical treatment that you need.
- We put potential insurers on notice of the accident. Notifying insurers of the accident and the potential claim is required in order to obtain coverage for the car accident.
- We will work to learn how much available insurance coverage there is for the accident.
- You will continue receiving medical treatment until you reach maximum medical improvement.
- We will work to obtain all of your medical and billing records from care providers as soon as you complete treatment.
- We will compile and demand a package and discuss with you an acceptable recovery.
- We will engage in negotiations with the insurance company in an effort to attempt to satisfactorily resolve your car accident claim prior to the filing of a lawsuit.
- We will file a lawsuit in the event that we cannot settle the case amicably through negotiations.
If you or someone that you care about has been injured in a car accident, contact Hong & Sessions Law, LLC today for a free consultation.
How do I Establish a Claim After a Car Accident?
Generally, when attorneys talk about establishing a claim after a car accident, it means that they are communicating with the at-fault driver’s insurance company and any potential un- or underinsured motorist carriers about the accident. An important part of establishing the claim with insurers is getting the claim set up with insurers and getting a claim number that your attorney will use to communicate with the insurer about the claim going forward. However, there are two (2) more important tasks performed in connection with the establishment of the claim after a car accident:
- To establish a claim after a car accident, provide the insurer with notice of the incident that is covered by the insurance policy. As a condition of coverage, every insurance policy requires that the insurer receives timely notice of the occurrence of an event that is covered by the policy. The failure to provide timely notice of the occurrence of an event that is covered by the insurance policy can result in the insurer attempting to avoid coverage by filing what is called a declaratory judgment action.
- Establishing a claim after your car accident is our first opportunity to discuss with the insurance company the details of the claim. Yes, first impressions really do matter. With the establishment of the claim, your attorney can begin to help the insurer understand the value of your case. This can make a huge difference in your final settlement.
If you or someone that you care about has been injured in a car accident, contact Blevins & Hong today for a free consultation.
What if I Lose My Car Accident Injury Case?
Many clients are rightfully concerned about whether they will be charged fees and expenses by their lawyer if they do not win their car accident injury case. If our firm accepts your case, you will enter into a written fee agreement with the firm. Two clauses in the fee agreement address these concerns directly. Our fee agreement in car accident injury cases is what is called a contingency fee agreement. We are not paid a fee unless we win your case. Unlike many firms that handle personal injury cases, we also do not bill our clients for case expenses unless we obtain a recovery in the case.
Why Do We Not Charge Our Clients Unless We Win the Case?
When you engage an attorney to represent you in a serious injury case, you are placing a tremendous amount of trust in that attorney. The attorney must likewise believe in your case and his/her ability to win your case. That is a bet/risk that the attorney must be willing to take. For many of our clients, their injury has caused tremendous financial hardships for their families. Wondering “What if I lose my car accident injury case?” only adds to their anxiety and fear. We have simply taken the stance that we do not need to compound those problems by seeking to recover costs if we do not win the case. That is a personal/moral position that we at Blevins & Hong have chosen to take.
Personalized Strategies & Results
Millions Recovered for Our Clients
55+ Years of Combined Legal Experience
Free, No-Obligation Consultations