GA State Representative, 2023-2025
President, Cobb County Bar Association
Member, Judicial Nominating Commission
Selected as Atlanta Attorney at Law Magazine’s 2017 Attorneys to Watch
2017 Super Lawyers Rising Star
2015 Ross Adams Younger Lawyer Award
Soo Hong is a partner at Blevins & Hong, PC and represents clients in personal injury, criminal defense, DUI, and bankruptcy cases. Soo has over 15 years of experience and training in all aspects of personal injury, felony and misdemeanor charges, DUI, and bankruptcy and foreclosure prevention cases.
Soo prides herself in being able to provide strong personal relationships to her clients. She understands the importance of the tough issues and decisions that her clients are facing and is available for her clients through each step. She finds that the most important aspect of her role as an attorney is to always be available to answer any questions or concerns of her clients. Because of this personal attention, many of her former clients and their families have become close friends with her throughout her representation.
Soo was given the prestigious Ross Adams Younger Lawyer Award in 2015 by the Cobb County Bar Association for her dedication to the legal community. Soo has been recognized as a Super Lawyers Rising Star for 2017 - 2020 which is given to less than 2.5% of attorney in the State, Super Lawyer 2021-2022, and also selected as Atlanta Attorney at Law Magazine’s 2017 Attorneys to Watch. Soo is the President of the Cobb County Bar Association. Additionally, Soo regularly volunteers with the Legal Aid to provide pro bono assistance to clients in civil and criminal cases.
Soo also represents her community in the General Assembly as a State Representative and in 2022, Governor Kemp appointed her to the Judicial Nominating Commission which recommends candidates to fill judicial vacancies within the state, superior and appellate courts in Georgia. Soo also served as an instructor at Chattahoochee Technical College.
Soo was born in Seoul, South Korea and immigrated to the United States at the age of 10. She is fluent in Korean and is grateful that she is also able to help the Korean community in Georgia.
- J.D. at Mercer University Walter F. George School of Law, 2008
- B.S. at Georgia Institute of Technology, 2003
- State Bar of Georgia
- Cobb County Bar Association – President (2022-2023), Board of Trustees (2017-2023), Membership Chair, Former President of YLD
- State Representative, Georgia House of Representatives
- Judicial Nominating Commission, Member (2022-present)
- Metro Atlanta Consumer Bankruptcy Association Group (MACBAG)
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys (NACBA)
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL)
- National College for DUI Defense
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association (GTLA)
- Georgia Association of Women Lawyers (GAWL)
- Georgia Supreme Court
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- All Superior, State Magistrate, Probate, Juvenile, and Municipal Courts of Georgia